"The Big Bang Theory" star Jim Parsons is set to answer your questions right here on Season Pass and we couldn't be more thrilled to get to know him better.
We're expanding our Q&A series to include actors and we're starting with a thesp whom we at Variety are big fans of. Parsons plays neurotic, socially challenged scientist Sheldon Cooper on CBS' hit sitcom "The Big Bang Theory," co-created by Bill Prady and Chuck Lorre.
My colleague Brian Cochrane and I were lucky enough to attend a taping of "Big Bang" last night on the Warner Bros. lot. Parsons and the entire cast are every bit as talented as we expected, reeling off the show's special brand of peculiar, rapid-fire scientific dialogue with very few dropped lines or re-takes.
Although we love the whole cast, Parsons has been a particular favorite of ours ever since we saw the pilot episode. He seemingly came out of nowhere - at least he was not on our radar - and became an instant star. He has great comic timing, excels at physical comedy and, let's face it, he's adorable.
If you're a fan too, this is your chance to learn more about this intriguing actor. Be clever and please don't ask things that you could learn from a simple search of his IMDB bio.
1) Hit the comment button below and ask your question. You have until Wednesday, Nov. 5 at 6 p.m.
2) You may ask more than one question but we are looking for quality, not quantity. Asking more will not guarantee that you'll see your queries answered. In the spirit of fairness, we try to give plenty of folks a chance.
3) Read through the other comments to make sure you're not repeating something that's already been asked.
4) On Friday, Nov. 7, I will have coffee with Jim and present him with the 20 best questions. He's agreed to answer between 10 and 20.
5) Visit Season Pass on Wednesday, Nov. 12 for the answers.
6) There are no restrictions on what you can ask but keep in mind actors are not always privvy to future story arcs.
7) Any change to this schedule due to unforseen circumstances or conflicts with Jim's schedule will be updated right here on this post.
Have fun and thanks for reading Season Pass. While you wait for the answers to this Q&A, please read our completed sessions with showrunners from your favorite series. Check out the menu there on the right for links.
Posted by Kathy Lyford
We have lined up a Q&A with "Big Bang's" co-creator Bill Prady. So if you're a real fan of the show, keep checking back. We're aiming for late November or early December on that one. Bill had some fascinating stories about the show's development process, which we'd love to share with you.