Season Pass' next Q&A is with "Dexter" showrunner Clyde Phillips. We are accepting questions now.
I discovered "Dexter" during the interminable WGA strike, when CBS aired less-graphic versions of sister net Showtime's serial killer drama. I was immediately drawn in to the tale of Dexter Morgan, a Miami PD blood spatter pattern analyst, who moonlights as a serial killer. Phillips exec produces the show, based on Jeff Lindsay's novel "Darkly Dreaming Dexter."
Dexter, who struggles with social interactions that others find routine, lives by a strict "code" — he only murders those whom he believes have escaped justice. Michael C. Hall's deft performance as the lead, inspires an unexpected sympathy for the character. Auds are let into the anti-hero's inner thoughts through use of voiceover.
In this, the third season, Dexter has let D.A. Miguel Prado, played by Jimmy Smits, into his life and in on his secret and has even taught him some of his "skills."The third season wraps up Dec. 14 and auds are still waiting to see how Dexter resolves his problems with Miguel. (Hall and Smits are pictured at right.)
We'll time the posting of the answers for the Monday following the finale. Ask anything you'd like about the inner workings of the show, the characters, things we've already seen this season, Clyde's background, the writing process, plot points from previous seasons, etc.
1) Hit the comment button below and ask your question. You have until Tuesday, Dec. 9 at midnight.
2) You may ask more than one question but we are looking for quality, not quantity. Asking more will not guarantee that you'll get an answer. In the spirit of fairness, we try to give plenty of folks a chance.
3) Read through the other comments to make sure you're not repeating something that's already been asked.
4) Questions about next season's plot are not allowed. And keep in mind that by the time you read the answers that this season's finale will have already aired. So please don't ask specific questions about the last two episodes.
5) I'll email the very best questions to Phillips (pictured left) and he'll answer the 10 he likes best.
6) The person who asks the question Clyde likes best will win a DVD set of Season 2.
Have fun and be clever!
Posted by Kathy Lyford