450,000 – Number of iPads sold to date
600,000 – Number of iBooks downloaded to date
3.5 million – Number of iPad apps users have downloaded so far
4 billion – Total number of apps downloaded from the app store since its launch
185,000 – Number of apps available in the app store
3,500 – Number of those apps that are made for the iPad
50 million – Number of iPhones sold to date
85 million – Number of iPhones and iPod touches sold to date, added together
4 – Number of operating systems the iPhone has had
100 – Number of new user features iPhone OS4 will offer (included among them are the ability to create playlists and change the homescreen wallpaper, 5x digital zoom, tap to focus on video, gift apps, geotaggingthe ability to add bluetooth keyboards and spell checker.
7 – Number of tentpole/top tier features Apple focused on. Those were:
· Folders – group similar apps together to save space and make it easier to find them
· Enhanced mail – all of your mail will go in one inbox
· iBooks support – iPhone as eReader
· Enterprise features – Better data protection, VPN support, exchange server and more.
· GameCenter – a social gaming network akin to Xbox Live
· iAd – Apple will sell and host ads for apps, giving developers a 60/40 split
7 – Number of services included with multitasking:
· Multitasking – double click home button and a dock of all open apps comes up.
· VOIP – receive skype calls even when not running in foreground
· Background location – Run your GPS app while you listen to music (or run any other app)
· Push notifications
· Local notifications
· Task completion – Apps that take a while to complete (say, uploading an image or video) do the work in the background
· Fast app switching -Apps can save their state and restart instantly where you left them.
10 billion – Number of push notifications sent to date
180 – Total number of apps you can have on your iPhone today
2,160 – Number of apps you’ll be able to have on your iPhone when OS4 releases
50,700 – Number of games in the app store
30 – Minutes per day the average user spends in apps
10 – Number of ads per device per day
Fall – Ok, it’s not a number, but that’s when OS4 will be out. The iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3rd generation will fully support it. iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2nd gen will be able to do some of the features, but not multitasking.